Carrine H. Bishop, Ph.D., Chair
P.O. Box 17175
Jackson, MS 39217
Joseph H. Jackson Building Suite 217-A
Office: (601) 979-2351 / 3358
Fax: (601) 979-3360
The Department of Educational Leadership offers graduate programs that are designed to assist students in developing leadership skills that are essential for effective leaders in today’s K-12 schools, and for educators who are interested in becoming administrators or leaders in other educational agencies. Degrees offered by this department are:
• Master’s in Educational Administration and Supervision,
• Specialist in Educational Administration and Supervision,
• Doctorate degree in Educational Administration and Supervision,
• Executive Philosophy of Doctorate in Urban Higher Education.
o Other degrees include:
• Specialist and Master’s in Social Science Education
• Bachelors of Science, Social Science, Ethnic Studies and Educational Technology
Our mission is to prepare courageous, responsive, and reflective leaders who will guide educational communities to create and sustain schools in which all candidates and staff members effectively utilize their minds and hearts.